Thank you all for supporting our project, OpenFarm. WE JUST PASSED OUR GOAL!!!
In a matter of only two hours, we went from $2,000 to well past our goal. Thank you to all 395 backers (and counting) for your support of this project and a sustainable future!
Many of you came from Kickstarter’s “Projects We Love” email newsletter. So THANK YOU Kickstarter for creating such a generous community, and THANK YOU ALL for following and funding projects!
We just hit the 25% funding mark on our campaign!! Thank you all for backing us and taking direct action to support a sustainable future!
We’ve been reaching out across the Internet to spread the word of the project and need your help to do the same! Show your enthusiasm by:
- Telling your friends and fellow gardeners about the project in person
- Sharing the campaign link on Facebook and Google+ with a thoughtful reason why OpenFarm is important to you
- Tweeting (and retweeting) your support for the campaign @OpenFarmCC
- Posting to Reddit, can we get to the top of /r/gardening or other subs?
Thank you all for joining us in this journey!
Yesterday afternoon we deployed the latest version of OpenFarm, see it live at OpenFarm.cc! Thanks to all of the volunteer software developers for making this happen! The new features and fixes:
- Logo and search box text display properly on the homepage
- Search box added in the header for search results and crop pages
- Notifications for empty searches and those with no results
- A very basic “Add Guide” page exists, but does not yet function
- Administrative dashboard has been implemented (see below)
- We’re now hosting with Heroku to save time on server maintenance, deployments, and scaling. Note: We still need to migrate user accounts and data from the old deployment
Continue reading New Deployment Now Live!
We’re now three days into the campaign and have raised over $900 from 45 individuals!Thank you for your support!
In addition to the financial contributions, several more people have joined the volunteer group in writing OpenFarm’s software! The ‘Guide Pages’ are now being turned into functional code, the login pages are getting a facelift, and bugs are being squashed. We’re looking forward to deploying an update soon, live at openfarm.cc, and sharing all of the progress with you!
Help Spread the Word:
Please share the OpenFarm Kickstarter campaign on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Reddit, with your voice, or any other way you’d like to! The more people we can get watching the video, sharing the link, and getting excited, the better!
And don’t forget to follow the project online:
We just launched a Kickstarter campaign for OpenFarm, a free an open database for farming and gardening knowledge! OpenFarm came out of the need for FarmBot to access structured, detailed data for how to grow a plant in a specific environment with specific growing practices. We found that this data did not yet exist and figured the best way to obtain it was with a website where anyone could contribute the data, much like Wikipedia.
Check out the campaign video below, and help fund this project!