Hello OpenFarm Backers!
We’ve done it! We’ve crossed the finish line with flying colors! 1,605 of you came together during the last 30 days and raised a whopping $24,293 (323% of our goal) to make OpenFarm a reality.
I am blown away by your support.
- Payments are being processed for the next one to two weeks
- I’m going to send out a survey to gather mailing addresses and T-Shirt sizes (please respond by Thursday with your shirt size)
- The stickers have already been ordered, and I’ll order the shirts on Friday
- Time to start writing some thank-yous!
- The software team has started brainstorming the Digital Badges feature
- Rewards should be out the door by the end of September!
Some of you have been asking what the plan is for the extra funds we have raised. Here is a rough idea:
- Total Raised = ~$24k
- Minus Kickstarter and Amazon Fees (~10%) = ~$21.5k remaining
- Minus Rewards and Shipping = ~$19k remaining
- Of the ~$19k for the project, we’ll save around ~$4k for hosting fees. This may last us significantly longer than one year depending on how fast we scale.
- This leaves ~$15k for the project champion (a part-time software developer that will likely be hired by the end of the month)